What is PdaNet+
PdaNet is a free app (available for iPhone, Android, BlackBerry, and other mobile platforms) that you can use to turn your smartphone into
a modem for your laptop or you can say that it enables tethering. But we do not need this software to enable tethering but this application
will help us to connect our computer with the mobile devices using USB cables. To use the PdaNet app for connecting your Android
phone, you need to install the app on both your Android phone and also install the software on the Windows computer (Windows XP,
Vista, Windows 7 — 32bit and 64bit versions available) or Mac OS.
How to Install PdaNet to Connect with Android Device
Read the simple step by step guide below to install the software on your computer and hopefully this installation will automatically install
the same app on your device as well. It won’t get any simpler guide than this one for installing your Android drivers.
1) Download PdaNet from http://pdanet.co/a/.
2) Click on Save File button to save the ‘.exe‘ file on your computer.
3) Double click the file you just downloaded to start the process if installation.
4) To run the installer, click Run.
5) You may or may not receive this page from the Anti Virus program installed on your system. Just allow this, as it is safe to use.
ppear saying that Windows couldn’t verify the publisher of the software. Click
on “Install this Driver Software anyway“. This warning may appear multiple times, keep clicking on install drivers anyway until it stops
6) Don’t connect your device until I say that!. The installation process starts. Click the Next button to continue the installation.
7) Select the ‘I accept the agreement‘ radio button and proceed with the installation.
8) Click on Next >.
9) Just leave these alone and click Next.
10) Skip to the next step if this one doesn’t apply to you. If you already tried installing some drivers, it will ask you if you want to uninstall
currently installed drivers and install them using pdanet. Click Yes there. Clearly put, if it asks you to overwrite previous installation of
drivers, or anything like that, you have to press Yes.
11) I assume that your your device is not connected with the USB to your machine. Select your device make and proceed by
clicking OK button.
Note: All Indian Device manufacturers like Karbonn, Micromax, Spice, Lava and every other brand not listed in the options that appear fall
in the others category.
12) Now it will ask you to install Google USB Android Phone, please click on Install.
13) Once you get this window, Now you have to connect your device to your PC/ Laptop using USB cable. After connecting your device
with USB, give it some time and this window will close automatically.
Note: Don’t enable any modes like: USB storage or tethering. Just let the driver installation complete.
14) Check you device screen, you should get this screen on your device. Select the ‘Always all from this computer‘ check box and
tap OK on your mobile device.
Note: You will notice that PdaNet is also installed on your device as well, you must see the App icon on your screen.
15) Installation is done on your computer and your device is also attached with your computer. Happily click on Finish.