What is Node.Js?
Appium is an HTTP server written in node.js which creates and handles multiple WebDriver sessions for different platforms like iOS and
Android. Automating hybrid and native mobile applications for Android and iOS is a key function handled by Appium, a node.js server.
One of the core tenets of Appium is that test codes can be written in any framework or language like Ruby on Rails, C# and Java without
having to modify the apps for automation purposes. The interaction between node.js server and Selenium client libraries is what ultimately
works together with the mobile application.
How to Download and Install Node.Js
Visit the Node.JS website to download Node.JS. Scroll down little bit to find the correct installer for your OS version.
2) The File Download dialog box appears prompting you to Save the download file.
3) Once the downloading is complete, double click the file to begin the installation of Node.JS.
4) To run the installer, click Run.
5) The installation process starts. Click the Next button to continue the installation.
6) Select the radio button to “Accept the terms in the License Agreement” and click on Next to proceed.
7) During the initial installation, window will ask you where you want to install the files. You can choose to change where you want to
keep your folder but it’s best to stick with what you were given first. Click Next to continue.
8) On the next screen you will encounter some options. Just leave these alone and click Next unless you know what you are doing.
9) Click on Next to start the main installation.